[wplug] Linux certification - more questions

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 17:43:02 EST 2010

> My advice is this, don't think that you will just walk in, pass an exam and
>  then be a super admin.  You will need to put forth the effort and learn
>  the material so that you can succeed in whatever job you take after.

I'm actually thinking the other way around.

The reason I took the MCSE exams back when was because I wanted to prove to
myself that I knew at least as much as Microsoft expected me to know.
I never went to any classes and used only the study books from Microsoft.
I was supporting desktops and managing a server at the time.

I made a complete switch to Linux around 1999-2000 and I once again find
myself wondering if I know Linux well enough to be considered any sort of
professional.

I know what I know but I don't know if that's really what I need to know. You
know.

Thanks,

Rob