[wplug] nokia n900 vs iphone

George Larson george.g.larson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 11:38:50 EDT 2009

I had a similar dilemma with iPhone vs. Android and ultimately settled on
iPhone.  Edge sucks.  I've heard the same about T-Mobile's 3G but I don't
know if that is true.

If you mean Waze as the free iPhone GPS then don't expect too much just
yet.  I suspect it would perform a lot better on a 3Gs.

You can SSH *from* the iPhone w/o JB.  I have not yet JB'd mine.  I tried a
couple times and when I was troubleshooting I read all kinds of stuff about
some people having the phone freeze and all sorts of other headaches -- so I
decided to not bother.

I *LOVE* my iPhone, btw.  I have SSH, an office suite, MySQL front end.  I
can stream my entire audio collection plus that of my brother, wife and some
friends using 'Simplify Media'.  Fring covers AIM, MSN, Twitter and Skype.
If I'm in WIFI range I can use Skype instead of minutes.  I have a Tomtom
but Waze is a nice backup.  My google reader and a number of educational
apps are always at my fingertips.  Games, of course, but I'm not a big gamer
on any platform.  SugarSync, DropBox.

So I can't really speak to the Nokia but I can go on endlessly about the
iPhone.