[wplug] Linux Notebook Recommendation

Greg Simkins biz gregsimkins at me.com
Sat Apr 11 16:17:22 EDT 2009

I wanted to buy a notebook with ubuntu installed (so I know all the
drivers are there).  BethLynn recommended one from zareason, but they
went out of stock and won't give any date for their next model.  They
are pushing their Intel core duo model for $1100 (at that price I
think I would prefer the MacBook - I am just looking for a Linux toy
to play with).  I am confused about a business that has demand for a
product and then lets it go out of stock with no date for a new model
- this indicates that something is a little strange at zareason.  I
have looked around the web.  NewEgg has the eee pc 1000 with Xandros
installed at $399.99 - a price I like, but I would prefer Ubuntu.
Anybody have a recommendation?  Or an explanation as to why zareason
dumped a recommended model?

Greg