[wplug] Loosing drive

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Wed May 21 09:40:04 EDT 2008

I am using Fedora Core 6.  I have a Dazzle SD USB card reader that FC6 recognizes as soon as it is plugged in.  I can successfully mount and umount cards in the reader.  I left a card mounted overnight and came in this morning to find an error box (GNOME) saying that the device /media/disk was no long accessible.  I have unplugged/replugged the card and the reader.  FC6 no longer recognizes it.  Other than going through a reboot, is there a way to fix FC's ability to recognize a USB device?

On older versions of RH, I had to mount the card reader as a SCSI device.  I no longer see the SDA devices in /dev????

Lawrence A. Weber
Consulting Engineer