[wplug] Install Resolution

Michael H. Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 16:37:49 EDT 2007

On 7/26/07, n schembr <nschembr at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I would  use  separate  drive for the root file system.   I've  never liked  having  boot disk with a striped down environment.

This is a 1u server, with space for exactly 4 drives, and we need all
4 drives.  If I was going to have a seperate boot drive, it would need
either 3 drives, or larger drives, or less space in the array.

I agree that it can be pretty useful to swap out boot drives, but in
this case, its not in the cards.

Perhaps down the road, all the boot drives will be flash based.
Should be quicker, less likely to fail, and not likely to hit the 2TB
limit soon!