[wplug] FTA and MythTV listings

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jul 12 10:05:44 EDT 2007

> I have three machines dedicated to MythTV, but I am worried about the
> Zap2it ceasing their free TV listings. I am sure there will be a solution
> in the future. Otherwise, I've been toying with FTA satellite and MythTV.

I fail to see how switching to FTA satellite will be a solution for the impending problems with zap2it.  You're still going to be without listings.  In any case, in Pittsburgh, you more or less need at least the $14/mo version of cable from comcast (provides local, local hdtv, tbs, wgn, g4, courttv, and a few others) if you want to catch anything local.

--Patrick