[wplug] Re: Linux PDA-phones with sync

Eric Cooper ecc at cmu.edu
Wed Jul 4 12:26:54 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 11:15:50AM -0400, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> I'd carry a Linux Smartphone (PDA-phone), but none of them have as good
> of sync as Palm -- hence why I stuck with the Treo prior.

I'm nursing along my Treo 650, and closing my eyes and ears whenever
the iPhones ads come on, until I can find a decent Linux phone.  I
have high hopes for the OpenMoko, supposedly to be released in
October.  The RAZR2 might be also be OK.  Hopefully, all kinds of sync
applications will be possible since they'll be open.

I was amused to see that you can now boot Linux on the Treo650 (but
not yet use it as a phone):

    http://blog.mikeasoft.com/2007/07/01/openmoko-on-a-treo-650/