[wplug] DSL?

Shane Liesegang shane at shaneliesegang.com
Thu Jan 25 15:51:58 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, Zach <netrek at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you get FiOS if you just have regular ethernet card and no router?
> Do they supply a DSL modem? Does FiOS come with static ip? What
> authentication does it use?

Be careful... according the FiOS website, you're not allowed to run any kind
of server, either personal or commercial. The definition of "server" is
pretty fast and loose in these days of upstream contributions, but I imagine
a good many Linux people like running servers from their homes. I imagine
enforcement of that policy is somewhat lax, but you wouldn't want to piss
them off...