[wplug] DSL?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 15:43:04 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, Cameron McBride <cameron.mcbride at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now, I've gotten rid of DSL as FiOS is available.  You don't have a
> whole lot of vendor choice here, but a 15Mbs / 2Mbs plan was like
> $45/month (with $15 off the first three months).  I get sustained
> 2MBps (capital B!) from pair.com when using their debian apt repo.
> They were offering the 5Mbs / 2Mbs for around $30 - but it seems to be
> $39.99 at their website now.

Wow do you have a link? I checked FiOS website and didn't see that
offer. How much do you pay in fees/taxes on that each month? That is
really fast. Is that price just good for 1 year? If so how much will
you have to pay when the 1 year offer is up?

> Like mentioned earlier in this thread, FiOS sufferes a little more
> latency with connections (probably like a cable connection) but the

Latency is the ping speed right? Why is their latency more if they are so fast?

> Oh, and they gave me a decent wireless router (rather than the half
> functional POS that came with the DSL service).  I don't think the TV

Can you get FiOS if you just have regular ethernet card and no router?
Do they supply a DSL modem? Does FiOS come with static ip? What
authentication does it use?

Zach