[wplug] DSL?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 15:55:03 EST 2007

On 1/25/07, Shane Liesegang <shane at shaneliesegang.com> wrote:

> Be careful... according the FiOS website, you're not allowed to run any kind
> of server, either personal or commercial. The definition of "server" is
> pretty fast and loose in these days of upstream contributions, but I imagine
> a good many Linux people like running servers from their homes. I imagine
> enforcement of that policy is somewhat lax, but you wouldn't want to piss
> them off...

Yeah that is good point. I guess I could settle for slower speed DSL
if it means I can run server. Cause this is a learning experience for
me too. Chance to setup different servers, learn more about
networking, etc.. And I am not big on downloading so I won't be
spending most of my time torrenting or playing high bandwidth online
games or even ipoding.

Zach