[wplug] DSL?

Matthew J Hughes mhues_2k at comcast.net
Wed Jan 24 12:51:06 EST 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 12:23 -0500, DK wrote:

> >>   Speakeasy DSL, however, starts at $40/month. You do get a static IP
> > starts at $49.95/month:

> Speakeasy offers 768/128 "Line-Share Select" for $39.95/month.  Comes to about
> $46/month with taxes and fees.  Call them to ask if that level of service is
> available at your location.  Speakeasy gives you a static IP with their service,
> and has no problem with you running servers on the connection.

Although I dislike the idea of mentioning Verizon in a positive way, my
price shopper comparison gene is kicking in. I was looking on their
website, a few months ago, and they had a DSL offer for $14.95/month
with 1 yr contract. Cheaper than the TV, radio, and mail flyer ads they
were sending at the time. You could only get it through the website.(and
at that price the tech support would be near non-exist-ant) and they
also said something about not needing a phone line. Which at the time
was what I was gonna try and do. The plan was to use one of the voip
services and a dedicated computer as my home phone, through 06 when
skype was offering free domestic calling. However your bandwidth and or
static/dynamic IP requirements may have been different than mine.

I am curious as to why the cable company is not an option you have
considered?

-m