[wplug] DSL?

DK curlynoodle at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 12:23:37 EST 2007

Zach wrote:
> On 1/24/07, DK <curlynoodle at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>   Speakeasy DSL, however, starts at $40/month. You do get a static IP
>> though.
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> The cheapest plan I could find on their website, the Traditional plan,
> starts at $49.95/month:
> http://www.speakeasy.net/home/dsl/
>
> What is their policy on running your own services like a web server,
> mail server, game server, etc..?
>
> Zach

Zach,

Speakeasy offers 768/128 "Line-Share Select" for $39.95/month.  Comes to about
$46/month with taxes and fees.  Call them to ask if that level of service is
available at your location.  Speakeasy gives you a static IP with their service,
and has no problem with you running servers on the connection.

Food for thought, Speakeasy also offers "One-Link" DSL, which does NOT require a
Verizon voice line.  Its more expensive, but factor in the cost of your voice
line, and you may make up the savings.

Dave