[wplug] Be nice if we had such a freenet in Pittsburgh

G.Pitman gpitman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 16:33:50 EST 2007

Up until last summer I was serving 2 of my neighbors internet service using
wrt54g's using the sveasoft alchemy firmware. I was running WDS between the
routers and WPA-Radius so we made the whole end of our block a big
subscriber only hotspot with roaming between AP's. The cost of business dsl
was alittle too much for me to maintain though.
I just got a wrt54gl and have the latest dd-wrt on it now, it has chillispot
already compiled in!

I would love to set this up again on a broader basis but the buy-in is a
little difficult.