[wplug] Proxy Question

Michael Semcheski mhsemcheski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 22:07:42 EDT 2007

This is a question I'd like to put to the group.  I'm going to do some
googling for the answer, but I figured I'd probably get some good
information to the group.

There's a website for a local retailer which blocks access from
outside the US.  I have some family overseas who I want to be able to
access the site.  Specifically, there is an https gift-registry that
they need to be able to see (but not necessarily buy stuff).

I have a static IP address at home and an always on box which
currently only allows ssh in.  Is there a way I can setup a proxy on
my home computer for them to use to access this retailer's website?
One of the requirements is for me to be reasonably sure I'm not
enabling someone to do something nefarious.  (But I do basically trust
the people in the family.)

I only need to give them access for about a month.  After that, its
not an issue.  Any comments?