[wplug] Core 6 Package Manager

Weber, Lawrence A laweber at switch.com
Mon Aug 27 07:11:00 EDT 2007

Answers to questions below:

Installing from the net is not an option.  It is on the company's
network and network installations take a day or more.

This PC is used to support some legacy products developed with embedded
Linux, so it is not real important.  The CompacFlash reader/writer is
needed for the embedded products op sys and application.  Somewhere
around Core 3 or 4, standard support for the USB (SDA) stopped.  I
worked fine with RH 8.

I checked in /etc/yum.repos.d and found 7 files all with references to
the net.  I am not sure why since the previous installation of FC6 on
this same machine would allow me to add programs from the CD. (Different
CD's this time).  Can these files be cleared out?

4.something = RedHat 4.x, maybe 8 or more years ago?

-laweber