[wplug] Trying to go Wireless (w/pennies)

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Thu Jun 15 09:48:06 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 09:33 -0400, Matthew T. Engel wrote:

> The problem arises as they are attempting to use the existing campus
> network
> to interconnect their wireless routers & ChilliSpot.  The campus
> network
> provides its own DHCP, switching services, etc...  The ChilliSpot is
> intended to provide DHCP services to wireless clients, it is also
> responding
> to dhcp requests that should be answered by the campus DHCP server.

It sounds like what's happening is that the DHCP server is listening for
DHCP requests on both the wired and wireless interface.  There should be
a way to configure the software to only answer requests on the wireless
interface.  I'm not familiar with ChilliSpot, but my 5 minute glance at
the documentation leads me to think that you can specify a dhcp
interface in the chilli.conf config file.

--
Jonathan Billings

If God is perfect, why did He create discontinuous functions?