[wplug] Klipmart.com / macromedia , invading my privacy?

Juan Zuluaga jz31416 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 15 01:05:35 EST 2006

When visiting pages like
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061215/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_leader
a Flash window opens. If I right-click on it, a little
box opens with the text "Macromedia Flash Player
Settings. Privacy. Allow klipmart.com to access your
camera and microphone?" and the options allow and
deny, deny being the default.

wtf? What does this mean?  Are there companies able to
invade the privacy of my home?

Using linux, how can I be sure that there is no chance
that such software will use my microphone or camera,
if I had them?

http://socioenlinea.blog.lemonde.fr/socioenlinea/
Comentarios sobre politica, sociedad y ciencia social.