[wplug] Klipmart.com / macromedia , invading my privacy?

Logan ascii at psu.edu
Fri Dec 15 01:20:27 EST 2006

> When visiting pages like
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061215/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_leader
> a Flash window opens. If I right-click on it, a little
> box opens with the text "Macromedia Flash Player
> Settings. Privacy. Allow klipmart.com to access your
> camera and microphone?" and the options allow and
> deny, deny being the default.

I get this when I use web-based teleconferencing software.
I assume that Macromedia has a sane default of "don't do that", it
asks after all - and when I've denied the light on my camera didn't
come on. You can set always/never in the Flash preferences too.

I don't know why news.yahoo.com would want to activate your mic/
camera though.

-Logan