[wplug] Looking for a decent NAS

Brent M. Rust rust at lucasware.com
Thu Aug 17 12:27:39 EDT 2006

We are using the Adaptec SNAPAppliance. But it has issues as well.
It's running the GuardianOS and seems to be mostly stable.
While we are in a Windows shop and have integrated it into AD, there are
share issues. Not sure if it's the way it integrates into AD or if it's
an issue with the OS and how the shares are available. We get errors
about having too many users connected (less than 10) and memory problems
(in the log file). This requires an OS update. Have you ever tried to
backup 500 GB of data? It takes a LONG time. (All users have to be
disconnected so files don't change)...

Anyway, we have them and they work, mostly.....

The support Adaptec offers is not all that great either, at least in my
experience.

One very nice feature of this NAS (and I am sure for others) is the
multiple ways it can be configured.

Brent