[wplug] Looking for a decent NAS

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Aug 23 10:38:20 EDT 2006

> Bill Moran wrote:
> > I'm trying to get a server set up with a NAS for backups.  I need to be
> > able to mount the thing via NFS.  We need about 500G of space.
> >
> > The one we purchased is a POS.  Everytime the power flickers it loses its
> > config.  When I reconfig it wipes the drives and we lose any previous
> > backups.
> >
> > So I'm looking for recommendations for a NAS that's _NOT_ a POS.  Anyone?
>
> Please name and shame this awful product so we can all avoid it. Have
> you asked for support/replacement?

I wanted to give the manufacturer a chance to fix the unit before
throwing their name around.

Since reporting this problem to this list last week, they have ignored
every attempt we've made to contact them.

The company is called Infrant.  We've sent the unit back.  I'm now
burdened with finding something to replace the faulty unit with ASAP.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.