[wplug] Wiring Question

Douglas Green diego96 at mac.com
Sun Sep 25 11:25:04 EDT 2005

I ran a phone line along the same route as 2 electrical circuits. The
electrical lines are 12 AWG, each on standard 15amp circuits. The
phone line runs with both electrical lines for about 15 feet
(basement to second floor). I've had NO problems with the line at
all. I don't know about the Cat-5 or coax- maybe you could run a
conduit for a little more insulation on those lines, and consider
running 12 AWG instead of standard 14. The 12 is rated for 20amps,
and it's got much thicker insulation and shielding. Also, if you run
conduit, you can always pull the lines if you have to...
-Doug