[wplug] Saturday meeting?

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Fri Feb 18 08:29:51 EST 2005

Sometime in February Beth Lynn assaulted the keyboard and produced:

| In general meeting announcements are not posted until Wednesday or
| Thursday. Does anyone have any feelings on if this is too soon or too
| late?

Since a detailed outline might be harder to produce much more in advance, I
think it might be useful to post a sort of "heads up" kind of announcement
maybe a week or so in advance. This could be a  breif announcement saying
"There's a GUM on $DATE covering $TOPIC which should include
$BREIF_DESCRIPTION". This would give people interested in the topic time to
plan around the gum. Though I admit that I don't know how far in advance
the wplug illuminati have with respect to meeting topics.

Anyway, those were just my thoughts on the matter.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key F65A739E