[wplug] Syncing Mac-formatted iPod to Linux box

Joshua Solomon jdsbluedevl at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:39:52 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm a newbie, so excuse the innocent question.  I have an iPod mini
that I regularly sync with my iBook, but I also use my Linux box (Dell
Dimension 4100 with 384 MB RAM running Breezy) to download RealAudio
files and convert them to MP3.  I seem to be having difficulty syncing
my iPod mini with iPodSlave (http://kpod.sourceforge.net/ipodslave),
so I can't access my music files.  Also, when I attempt to drag files
onto the iPod (which I can do fine with my iBook), it gives me a
write-protect error.  Gtkpod isn't helping much either.  Can somebody
tell me how to solve this problem?

Joshua