[wplug] mini-itx and CF booting

Chris Thomas sruchris at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 14:09:14 EST 2005

Depending on which processor your epia has, your cflags can vary. If
you have the wrong cflags, you could run into problems with software
not compiling. See this page for more details:

http://www.epiawiki.org/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=EpiaInstallingGentoo

There are kernels and kernel patches made for the epia, but these
aren't necessary to build a base system. I didn't use any software
outside of portage the last time I installed Gentoo on my epia. The
only things that the patches do, to my knowledge, is give you access
to the cle266 frambuffer and the onboard vt1211 sensors (which I
didn't care about). Although, running Freevo and Xine via the
framebuffer (eliminating Xorg) would rock!

In the past the most difficult thing about the epia was getting the
onboard mpeg decoding working. Unichrome is now built into newer
kernels, so it is now much easier.

See this page about Gentoo and Unichrome:

http://gentoo-wiki.com/Unichrome

-Chris