[wplug] Syncing Mac-formatted iPod to Linux box

Christopher DeMarco cmd at alephant.net
Fri Dec 16 08:10:24 EST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 05:39:52PM -0500, Joshua Solomon wrote:

> my iPod mini with iPodSlave (http://kpod.sourceforge.net/ipodslave),

No clue about that software; I use gtkpod.  For basic song management
it works like a charm.  Doing any id3 hacking is a bit non-obvious
(unless you simply leave the iPod plugged in with the hard disk
spinning happily towards its MTBF) so read the manual.

Unfortunately the manual sucks ;-) (it's typical OSS overly-verbose
poorly-arranged stuff)

They've added rudimentary video support in the newest 0.99 release but
I've not yet tried it.

Photos are nowhere to be seen.

For command-line id3 editing, I use id3ed, which works very nicely.
Not that you asked :-b

--
Christopher DeMarco <cmd at alephant.net>
Alephant Systems (http://alephant.net)