[wplug] wireless networking stability

Rick Reynolds rick at rickandviv.net
Wed Aug 10 10:19:55 EDT 2005

Nathan Marcus wrote:

>Perhaps you need to invest in this product
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5791782530 ... LOL
>My goodness, people who buy this need help...

Wow, I'd never seen anything like that.  Crazy...

>But on a serious troubleshooting idea, have you tried this on multiple
>networks (ie hotspots) to eliminate at least one end of your
>equipment?  I would try that in your position right now.

Yep, I've seen this behavior regardless of the access point I'm using.
I'm currently spending a week visiting my father and it is happening a
lot.  It happens to me at home and at my brother's house routinely as well.

I'll be checking what Rick Farina suggested as soon as I can.  I have
done things like 'grep eth1 *' within /var/log hoping to see something
in the other logs, but I haven't thoroughly checked both dmesg and
kernel logs.

Thanks,
Rick Reynolds
--
 Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's
too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx