[wplug] ALSA, Audigy, and Audio CDs

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Fri Nov 19 16:50:43 EST 2004

Two questions:

Is this an Audigy or Audigy 2 sound card?

Is the CD audio connected via analog or digital connection?

If you are using the digital connection, use ALSA mixer to set the volume
level for the Audigy CD control (way over on the right side of the mixer) as
opposed to the normal CD volume control (near the middle of the mixer).
Other mixers (such as qa-mix, kmix, etc.) don't seem to include this control.

-Bob