[wplug] Incorrect Time on New Install of Fedora Core 1

William Powell billpwl1 at comcast.net
Tue May 18 23:18:27 EDT 2004

I just installed Fedora Core 1 on a hobby machine.  During one of the
initial boots I verified the correct time and date was set using the
BIOS setup screen.  Well after the installation was complete and I was
installing additional packages I noticed that the date was set to a time
& date several months in the future(08/18/2004).  I don't know how the
date got moved up.  The clock on that machine has always been pretty stable

Can I set the system time back to the present without hosing the
system?  Many of the system files have the Aug. date.  I hadn't done
much before I noticed the problem.  I was trying to run up2date and rpm
to update and add packages and was having trouble with the gpg
signatures for Red Hat Inc.  Could this be because the clock error?

I had generated my gpg keys, but that is about the only thing that I had
actually done before I noticed the problem.

Any thoughts?

Bill

--
Linux:  It's the way to go!