[wplug] Incorrect Time on New Install of Fedora Core 1

Brian Sammon brians+ at cs.cmu.edu
Wed May 19 15:41:24 EDT 2004

> I just installed Fedora Core 1 on a hobby machine.  During one of the
> initial boots I verified the correct time and date was set using the
> BIOS setup screen.  Well after the installation was complete and I was
> installing additional packages I noticed that the date was set to a time
> & date several months in the future(08/18/2004).  I don't know how the
> date got moved up.  The clock on that machine has always been pretty stable
>
> Can I set the system time back to the present without hosing the
> system?  Many of the system files have the Aug. date.  I hadn't done

Since this is just a hobbyist system and not a server or something important,
I'm inclined to say go ahead and try it.  You might find a few things acting
odd between now and August, but nothing major, I expect.

If you prefer, I'm sure one of the scripting wizards on this list can create a
one-liner for you to automatically search your drive for post-dated files and
fix the date on them.