[wplug] new installfest laptop

Brian Sammon wplug-list at brisammon.fastmail.fm
Fri Jul 9 00:05:25 EDT 2004

> I happen to salvage a P2 laptop from Pitt but it lacks a power cable
> and I wanted to test it out and see if it works for the installfest.
> Does anyone have an extra Quantex TS301 power cable?  The cable is a
> 19V and 3.16A with a solid line on top and a dashed line on the

If you're on a tight budget, but you have plenty of free time, you might want
to check out High-Tech Scrap out in Point Breeze.  Last time I was there they
had a big box full of random AC adaptors that you can dig through.  They'll
probably only charge you a dollar or two for each one you find.

The only webpage I could find about them was at
http://www.citlib.org/ewashmore.html#high