[wplug] Exploder to Fire Fox

Vanco, Don don.vanco at agilysys.com
Thu Jul 8 06:41:06 EDT 2004

Not sure how far-reaching your intentions are with this as far as an "install base" goes, but hopefully you're very aware of what sites your users use with regularity and have tested extensively as FireFox is really not fully baked just yet.  There is no FTP functionality, and no mail/newsgroup tool.  Also, there are some ISP dialers out there (like those from NetZero/Juno/UnitedOn-Line) that will continually set the default browser back to IE.  If your users use OWA they will _hate_ anything other than IE (but FireFox deals with it better than Mozilla), particularly if the Exchange server(s) is/are  5.5 or >.  I don't find myself "needing" IE very often, but sadly I still do for a site or two, and frankly as a "quick browsing FTP client" it's pretty good (albeit lousy at managing actual downloads).  Rumor has is the IE in XP-SP2 is pretty much "all new", perhaps MS has finally brought it past 1998 functionally.....

YMMV
Don