[wplug] Wireless access point & dhcp

Mike Procario lists at procario.org
Mon Feb 16 22:03:04 EST 2004

Are you running WEP? Is it correctly configured before the DHCP
call? I have a Linksys WUSB11 which I am guessing has a different
driver. Before I turned on WEP it did DHCP fine, but I have not
been able to get it to DHCP correctly since I turned on WEP. The
init scripts seem to want to run DHCP before they configure WEP. I
have not been able to sort through things and get them
straightened out.

I set the IP static and it works fine. I am using Redhat 9.

Wow two posts in one night. That's several months worth for me.

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 09:27:19PM -0500, Phil wrote:
> Anyone using Linksys WAP11?
>
> I just got one, and it gets an IP address from my dhcp server (Mandrake's
> MNF.)  However, my laptop doesn't get one.  It does when connected with a
> cable.
>
> I don't know where to go to see what's wrong.  The laptop (W2K, cisco
> wireless card) sees the wap.  Keys are exchanged, etc.  It just doesn't
> get an IP.
>
> TIA!
>
> Phil

Mike Procario
"Another casualty of applied metaphysics" -Calvin and Hobbes