[wplug] Wireless access point & dhcp

Mike Procario lists at procario.org
Tue Feb 17 08:08:49 EST 2004

I have a Linksys WUSB11 which is USB based and surely uses a
different driver, but I also had trouble with DHCP. I am running
RedHat 9, and everything was fine until I turned on WEP. It
appeared that the init scripts did the DHCP call before it did the
WEP configurationi, so I ended up with a properly configured NIC
but no IP address. I never did figure out the scripting issue. I
went to a static IP and everything was fine. This is not going to
solve your problem if you need to use DHCP, but it may point to
where the problem is.

Mike

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 09:27:19PM -0500, Phil wrote:
> Anyone using Linksys WAP11?
>
> I just got one, and it gets an IP address from my dhcp server (Mandrake's
> MNF.)  However, my laptop doesn't get one.  It does when connected with a
> cable.
>
> I don't know where to go to see what's wrong.  The laptop (W2K, cisco
> wireless card) sees the wap.  Keys are exchanged, etc.  It just doesn't
> get an IP.
>
> TIA!
>
> Phil

Mike Procario
"Another casualty of applied metaphysics" -Calvin and Hobbes