[wplug] Kernel Compile Error

Jonathan S Billings billings at negate.org
Mon Aug 23 15:27:47 EDT 2004

James O'Kane wrote:

> Based on those errors above, I suspect 1 of 2 things. Either failing
> hardware, or you machine is setup with an initrd, and you didn't update it
> with the new rieserfs modules. RH has a tool called mkinitrd for this
> purpose, but I've found that's not universal.
>
> -james

I'd have to agree with James.  The errors I see are:
kernel with the reiserfs functionality built in, it's probably not the
root cause.
2.) Hardware error.  The last 50 pages of your errors are your kernel
complaining that they can't read a sector of the disk.  Sounds like a
problem.

Does this system boot fine with an older kernel?

--
Jonathan S. Billings <billings at negate.org>