[wplug] Kernel Compile Error

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Mon Aug 23 15:48:10 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 15:27 -0400, Jonathan S Billings wrote:
> James O'Kane wrote:
>
> > Based on those errors above, I suspect 1 of 2 things. Either failing
> > hardware, or you machine is setup with an initrd, and you didn't update it
> > with the new rieserfs modules. RH has a tool called mkinitrd for this
> > purpose, but I've found that's not universal.
> >
> > -james
>
> I'd have to agree with James.  The errors I see are:
> kernel with the reiserfs functionality built in, it's probably not the
> root cause.
> 2.) Hardware error.  The last 50 pages of your errors are your kernel
> complaining that they can't read a sector of the disk.  Sounds like a
> problem.
>
> Does this system boot fine with an older kernel?

Yes it does boot. I am using it at this time and these boot errors were
seen about three weeks ago with a 2.6.7 version. At first I figured I
was compiling something wrong but after numerous other attempts and
running diags on the hardware (not to mention continuous use as my
desktop system for the last two weeks) I am at the current stage of
flummox.

--
Thanks,

Jeremey Wise
jeremey.wise at agilysys.com

All opinions or information expressed here are personal in nature and do
not reflect the official possition of Agilysys Inc.