[wplug] Q: Digital photography

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Mon Sep 22 15:43:13 EDT 2003

DL Shepherd wrote:

> What printer works best for printing pictures?

Best?  A full color, laser printer.  A good ink jet will do nicely and
be MUCH less.  I've had two EPSONs work perfectly with Mandrake.

> What paper should be used?

They make special glossy paper for photos.  Sold at any office supply store.

> Are there any tools or best practices on how to keep my images organized?

GQView is a pretty good image viewer that allows for quick navigability
(is that a word?) and direct links to edit your pics in GIMP.

> The camera can also take MPEG videos.  What can I use on my Linux laptop
> to view and edit MPEG?

To view?  MPlayer.

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)