[wplug] Q: Digital photography

Mike Procario lists at procario.org
Mon Sep 22 21:58:29 EDT 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 03:16:00PM -0400, DL Shepherd wrote:
> Environment: I have Red Hat 8 running on a Dell laptop.

[SNIP]
> What printer works best for printing pictures?  What paper should be used?
> I am using GIMP.  Are there any tutorials on how to get the mosts out of it?
> Are there any tools or best practices on how to keep my images organized?

I have found that nautilus in gnome does a nice job to organize my
images. I have v2.2.1. I set up a directory tree that I like and
nautilus shows me thumbnails. It will display any thumbnail and
give an option to edit it with gimp and other programs.

Mike Procario
"Another casualty of applied metaphysics" -Calvin and Hobbes