[wplug] mail alert popups

Eric Fierke lupus at bearwolf.com
Tue Sep 16 10:10:20 EDT 2003

This should be simple, but I just haven't found the right tool yet. There
are a thousand applets out there that will alert you if you have  you when
mail comes into /var/spool/mail.  I'm looking for a quick program that I
can launch from procmail that will tell me when procmail sends a message
to certain folders.  it doesn't even have to be specifically a mail alert
program, just a program that can take a string of text and pop it up in
the middle of my monitor in a window.  sounds annoying?  no, not really -
I get several THOUSAND emails per day at work.  the vast majority I can
ignore, but can't delete.  but when an important one comes in, its nice to
know.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Eric