[wplug] setting up verizon dsl

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Thu Jul 17 17:19:26 EDT 2003

so back when i got my dsl from verizon, i couldn't figure out a way to set
it up (i.e. get my account initialized) without windows (or macos). so i
was helping my friend set it up on windows xp and it would just hang. then
i called their tech support. they gave me a temporary username and
password, let me connect and then pointed me to the following page:

https://dslreg.bellatlantic.net/launch/start

which is evidently how accounts are created now. so presumably you could
setup your account from some other computer and then fire up the stuff from
roaring penguin.

i don't know if this is useful to anyone, but i hadnt seen it anywhere else
so i thought i would share it with you all.

                                               | /"\
 john harrold                                  | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
      jmh at member.fsf.org                    |  X  against HTML mail
           the most useful idiot               | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless,
 whether the mad destruction is brought under the name of totalitarianism or
 the holy name of liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
gpg --keyserver keys.indymedia.org --recv-key F65A739E