[wplug] Red Hat Academy

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Sat Feb 15 07:13:24 EST 2003

James O'Kane wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Vanco, Donald wrote:
>> That being said, having twice gotten my RHCE I'd be interested in
>> attending the RHCT track.
>
> Out of curiousity, why? I was under the impression that the RHCT was a
> midpoint between 0 and RHCE.
> I saw job listing for Red Hat that wanted the candidate to pass the
> RHCM exam when it was available. RH Certified Manager maybe?

	Well - I just looked over the RH site, and the current "RHCT" is, in
fact, a "lesser" cert.  I'm 100% certain that the RHCT used to be "Trainer"
as I nearly took the class last summer - but it would appear that Red Hat is
no longer interested in training trainers as I can find NO mention of this
particular track anymore.

	2 things seem apparent - that RH want to keep all training in-house,
and that the RHCE has too many failures so the RHCT was invented.  As
someone who busted his tail to get the RHCE I think this sucks.

Don