[wplug] Red Hat Academy

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Sat Feb 15 07:25:38 EST 2003

James O'Kane wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Vanco, Donald wrote:
>> That being said, having twice gotten my RHCE I'd be interested in
>> attending the RHCT track.
>
> Out of curiousity, why? I was under the impression that the RHCT was a
> midpoint between 0 and RHCE.
> I saw job listing for Red Hat that wanted the candidate to pass the
> RHCM exam when it was available. RH Certified Manager maybe?

	It would appear that the RHCT as in trainer is now the RHCX as in
Examiner.  Interestingly enough searching for RHCX and "Red Hat Certified
Examiner" at redhat.com yields nothing.

	If it's not obvious, I'm no longer interested in the RHCT but would
be willing to take the test for the RHCE if it's 8.0.
	However - 8.1 is due out in 6 weeks, and RH certs are only good for
so many releases.  If someone does put a class together make sure it's to
certify against RH8.1, even if it means waiting a bit.

	There is also a course planned in Columbus, OH in March.

Don