[wplug] Libranet 2.8

jsbillings at mac.com jsbillings at mac.com
Fri Feb 7 11:36:49 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 11:18, Vanco, Donald wrote:
> jsbillings at mac.com wrote:
> >> 	Wholly untrue.
> >
> > Actually, it is true.  I have a demo account.  I believe you get 1
> > Complimentary Demo.
>
> 	No.  Read your own statement above.  You can, in fact, have more
> than one system per email address.  I have 7 right now.  You only get one
> system entitlement (now "Demo" - was called "Basic" like 2 days ago) for
> free, which you must juggle between systems if you want to manage multiples.
> But you can add as many systems as you like.  Had you said "...for free for
> just one machine at a time" you'd have been at least partly correct.

Well, I think that we are just misunderstanding each other.  When I say
you can use up2date for free for just one machine, per account.  You say
"You only get one system entitlement ... for free ... for just one
machine at a time."  I think we are just vigorously agreeing with each
other.

> > One of the problems I have with up2date though, is that you can't
> > install new RPMs through it
>
> 	BZZZZT!
> 	Try running "up2date package-from-RHdistro-you-don't-have-installed"
> You might have to have the RH rpmdb installed for this to work correctly, at
> a minimum it'll need to be there for dep resolution.  Your statement is
> correct WRT packages that are not part of the RH distro you've got
> installed.

I completely forgot about this functionality.  Thanks for reminding me.

> >> 	Well, you obviously know a lot about it.
> >>
> > I haven't the faintest idea why you are so hostile.
>
> 	I'm not really hostile, I just don't particularly care for
> misinformation spread as Gospel.
>
> Don

And lo, the word is spoken, and the lowly listener is learn-ed.

--
Jonathan S Billings <jsbillings at mac.com>