[wplug] Libranet 2.8

Vanco, Donald VANCOD at PIOS.com
Fri Feb 7 11:18:45 EST 2003

jsbillings at mac.com wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 09:19, Vanco, Donald wrote:
>> Jonathan Billings wrote:
>>> You can use up2date for free for just one machine (per account/email
>>> address).
>> 	Wholly untrue.
>
> Actually, it is true.  I have a demo account.  I believe you get 1
> Complimentary Demo.

	No.  Read your own statement above.  You can, in fact, have more
than one system per email address.  I have 7 right now.  You only get one
system entitlement (now "Demo" - was called "Basic" like 2 days ago) for
free, which you must juggle between systems if you want to manage multiples.
But you can add as many systems as you like.  Had you said "...for free for
just one machine at a time" you'd have been at least partly correct.

> One of the problems I have with up2date though, is that you can't
> install new RPMs through it

	BZZZZT!
	Try running "up2date package-from-RHdistro-you-don't-have-installed"
You might have to have the RH rpmdb installed for this to work correctly, at
a minimum it'll need to be there for dep resolution.  Your statement is
correct WRT packages that are not part of the RH distro you've got
installed.

>>> Other than that, I really don't like it.
>> 	Well, you obviously know a lot about it.
>>
> I haven't the faintest idea why you are so hostile.

	I'm not really hostile, I just don't particularly care for
misinformation spread as Gospel.

Don