[wplug] suse

jsbillings at mac.com jsbillings at mac.com
Wed Feb 5 12:40:15 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 12:20, Coutch, Robert wrote:

> After reading some of the RedHat posts and linked articles,
> I'm full of FUD about using RedHat as a desktop OS.
>
> I'm waiting for SuSE to release a kernel 2.6 version, then I'll upgrade.

Redhat releases a lot of custom stuff, but they also put a lot of money
into linux development.  It's nice to see a publicly traded company
pouring money into something that's essentially free.

I'm constantly frustrated by the way that redhat handles it's
development, but I'm also grateful that we aren't stuck with someone
like RMS at the help of the linux community, that there is some people
with business acumen working with developers.

--
Jonathan S Billings <jsbillings at mac.com>