[wplug] humor break

Doug Green diego96 at mac.com
Wed Aug 6 11:22:09 EDT 2003

Hi all,
This isn't even loosely linux related, but it is funny as hell and I
thought I'd share. Furthermore, it follows a previous thread regarding
signature lines...
Some clever lawyer found out that email is not completely private on
our outgoing mail servers at work (umm.... yeah, sad but true). This
presents a problem because of patient confidentiality issues, so they
wrote up this gigantic signature line disclaimer statement, which we
are now required to use. I suggested encryption, but it was received
with blank stares.
My boss completely flipped out over this new requirement, and decided
to make his own version of the disclaimer. Here are the two versions,
back to back (and, yes, he REALLY is using his version):

Disclaimer:
"This e-mail may contain confidential information of the sending
organization.  Any unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail and attached
document(s) is prohibited.  The information contained  in this e-mail
and attached document(s) is intended only for the personal and
confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you have received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail and delete the original  e-mail and attached document(s)."

Disclaimer:
If you received this email by mistake, you are a MORON. The content was
clearly intended to its receiver (who cares who he/she is !?) and it is
VERY IMPORTANT and SECRET and...IMPORTANT. If you want to say
something, SHUT UP !...SHUT UP...SHUT UP...You GUY !!!!