[wplug] humor break

Russ Schneider russpgh at stargate.net
Thu Aug 7 07:37:10 EDT 2003

Doug Green wrote:

> *Disclaimer:
> "This e-mail may contain confidential information of the sending
> organization.  Any unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying,
> distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail and attached
> document(s) is prohibited.  The information contained  in this e-mail
> and attached document(s) is intended only for the personal and
> confidential use of the recipient(s) named above.  If you have received
> this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by
> e-mail and delete the original  e-mail and attached document(s)."*

I don't see how these diclaimers can hold up under scrutiny.  You see
these kinds of things all over the place.

If all you need to do is put a disclaimer on things, I might as well put
a disclaimer on my car that says:

"The driver of this vehicle is not responsible for any damage to person
or property as a result of his direct or indirect actions.  Be advised
that by sharing the same road space as him you wave all rights to
collect financial damages for any and all results of any incident."

--
Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)
http://www.sugapablo.com

Latest track: