[wplug] Linux on the Desktop

Gentgeen Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Mon Apr 28 08:20:13 EDT 2003

I use Linux as my desktop machine almost 100%, and have been doing so for over 3 years.  At work I use a Win2K, but I have set up a K12LTS Project in the classroom (I'm a teacher).  I connect to the Internet via my Win 98 box, but that is only because I am locked into a contract with Compuserve (freedom comes on Jan. 5 2004)

But to help keep things organized (nothing to do with spam), I have all my "Linux" mail sent to this address.  And since this is a web mail account, I can access it ANYWHERE.  I would think that 90% or better of this list use Linux as thier desktop. Otherwise why would they care to be on such a mailing list?

I think the better question for this list would be "How many people do NOT use Linux as their primary desktop, when they have the choice (i.e. at home not work)?

 Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem
 your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone then in bad
 company.        - George Washington, Rules of Civility