[wplug] Win4Lin Qs

Jonathan S. Billings billings at negate.org
Sun Apr 27 22:36:24 EDT 2003

On Sunday, April 27, 2003, at 04:14  PM, Elwin Green wrote:

> Okay, a batch of Qs:
>
> 1. Has anyone else here tried win4lin? Or for that
> matter, VMWare or Crossover Office? Or does anyone
> even have a working installation of Wine?

I can't say much about win4lin, but I use both vmware and Crossover
Office on my desktop at work.  Crossover Office is basically a pretty
build of wine.  I use the office applications and the client for our
helpdesk system in both vmware and crossover.

I prefer crossover, mostly because they don't load the system down like
vmware, but it still is kind of flaky on most apps.  They don't play
well with the windowmanager, and often get very confused about what OS
they are running on.

   Jonathan Billings
billings at negate.org