[wplug] Win4Lin Qs

Elwin Green bekitemba2002 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 27 16:14:14 EDT 2003

--- Brian Medley <bpm-list-wplug at 4321.tv> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2003 at 01:36:50AM -0400, Jason
> Sopko wrote:
>
> > begin  How many people are actually using Linux as
> their desktop?
> > Judging by the mail headers, it seems that very
> few people are.
>
> I use linux full time.  I run win4lin for when I
> want to run a MS program.
> I use Mutt, but I do so from konsole window...

Okay, a batch of Qs:

1. Has anyone else here tried win4lin? Or for that
matter, VMWare or Crossover Office? Or does anyone
even have a working installation of Wine?

2. Has wplug ever done a session devoted to solutions
for people who may want to make their Linux their
primary/sole OS, but who cannot (yet?) leave Windows
entirely?

3. If the answer to 2 is "no", would anyone here be
willing to make such a presentation? If the answer to
2 is "yes" - hmm....did anyone take *really good*
notes? <g>

Determined to find the power,

E.