[wplug] Oracle 8.1.7 on RH7.3?

Keir Josephson kjoseph at stargate.net
Fri Sep 20 15:50:29 EDT 2002

This is a problem with the oui. I guess they compiled it for RH 6.2 and
never updated it. You need to install some legacy libs:

compat-glibc-6.2-2.1.3.2.i386.rpm
compat-egcs-6.2-1.1.2.14.i386.rpm
compat-libs-6.2-3.i386.rpm

and set your environment before you run the oui by running the following:

export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
(set this also if you use dbastudio, netca, etc.)
&
./i386-glibc21-linux-env.sh
(this can be found in /usr/i386-glibc21-linux/bin)

Don't let it create the database or else the linking process will fail. If
you have access to it, Metalink has alot of good hit on this. Also, I
don't think oracle has certified 8i for RH 7.2 or 7.3, but I don't think
it really matters unless you want serious support from them.

Hope this helps.

-Keir